Supreme Court Makes Landmark Ruling That Should Terrify All Conservatives
April 20, 2016 11:49am PST
The Supreme Court issued a sickening ruling on Wednesday when they upheld an Arizona redistricting commission’s right to draw legislative districts in a way that ensures minority representation.
According to Mother Jones, the decision was against a group of Arizona tea party activists who were trying to take down the state’s redistricting maps in order to increase the voting power of rural white voters. The plaintiffs were taking on Arizona’s Independent Election Commission, which was created in a 2000 ballot initiative that was meant to make redistricting less partisan.
The lawsuit was filed in 2014, and the Republican plaintiffs argued that the commission took away some of their voting power by packing more people into Republican districts while underpopulating Democratic ones. They wanted the court to make all districts have almost exactly equal populations, since they now vary by 4-8%.
The commission responded by saying that they drew the districts in a way that was approved by Obama’s Justice Department.
It’s sickening that the Supreme Court made such a blatant move against conservatives. What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: House Republicans Score Major Victory Over Obama – He’s Panicking
- BREAKING: Trump’s Attorney General Pick Leaks – This Is Hillary’s Worst Nightmare
- Sheriff Joe Gets Some VERY Good News
- Trump Is Asked If He’ll Put Cruz On Supreme Court – His Response May Shock You
- BREAKING: Liberal Governor Signs Executive Order That Could CHANGE Election Forever