When He Popped The Large Pimple On His Scalp, He Never Thought This Would Come Out…
February 29, 2016 2:05pm PST
Dr. Sandra Lee has popped countless pimples during her career, but even she had her work cut out with this patient.
Dr. Lee described what happened in the video description:
I now suspect that this patient has Dissecting Cellulitis.
Dissecting celluitis of the scalp, aka perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens, is an uncommon chronic disease of the scalp where you see many nodules/bumps under the skin which have a boggy feel and there can often be hair loss and scarring above these bumps. These nodules can ooze liquid material and form intercommunicating sinuses under the skin. Abscesses can form, and this condition is likely a variant of acne. Treatment is very frustrating and generally unsuccessful. We try a combination of intralesional steroid injections and possible use isotretinoin (Accutane) pills for a 6-12 month duration. Oral antibiotics like the ones we use to treat acne can also be given and can help with improvement. Surgery can be necessary if an area become unmanageable but this does not necessarily stop the course of this condition.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- He Had This Bump On His Arm For Six Months, So He Popped It – What Came Out…OMG!
- She Had A Massive Cyst On Her Chest – When They Popped It…OMG!
- He Had A Huge Lump On His Arm – When They Popped It…OMG!
- He Had Three Massive Cysts On His Back – When They Popped It…OMG!
- She Popped The Enormous Pimple Behind Her Ear – What Came Out…OMG!