She Popped Three Cysts On Her Scalp – What Comes Out Is Horrifying
February 24, 2016 1:54pm PST
Dr. Sandra Lee has earned the nickname Dr. Pimple Popper by popping thousands of skin conditions during her career. In this video, however, she really had her work cut out for her!
This patient had three pilar cysts on her scalp, but Dr. Lee was able to take care of them in no time. She described what happened in the video description:
A Pilar Cyst, aka a trichilemmal cyst, an isthmus-catagen cyst, or a “wen”, looks identical on examination to the more common epidermoid cyst, except that 90% of them occur on the scalp. They tend to be more mobile and firmer than epidermoid cysts, and are derived from a different part of the hair follicle/skin. The internal content tend to be more “homogenous”/ smooth (looks different under the microscope), but it is also a benign growth. It is not uncommon to have multiple pilar cysts on the scalp and to have other family members to have these cysts (tend to run in families). Treatment is for cosmetic reasons usually (people don’t like the appearance of them), and excision with removal of the cyst and it’s contents is curative.
You may also like to read:
- He Had This Bump On His Arm For Six Months, So He Popped It – What Came Out…OMG!
- She Had A Massive Cyst On Her Chest – When They Popped It…OMG!
- He Had A Huge Lump On His Arm – When They Popped It…OMG!
- He Had Three Massive Cysts On His Back – When They Popped It…OMG!
- She Popped The Enormous Pimple Behind Her Ear – What Came Out…OMG!