Arizona Man Finds The Unthinkable Buried In His Backyard…Wow
December 7, 2015 9:36am PST
Arizona homeowner John Sims was stunned recently when he found a Cold War-era fallout shelter buried underneath his yard.
According to Daily Mail, Sims wrote on Reddit that he found the shelter after receiving a tip from a previous owner of his Tucson home. Based on information he has gleaned from research, the shelter was built by the company Whitaker Pools in 1961.
When Sims entered the shelter, it had no furniture or equipment inside. It was made of concrete with a fiberglass dome, and it seems to have been closed off deliberately. Now, Sims plans to restore the shelter to it’s “former glory.”
Shelters like this were common in the 1960s, when nuclear war with Russia appeared to be imminent.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Here’s What Obama Is Trying To Hide About His Hiroshima Visit…
- When Construction Workers Found A Box Underneath Her Home, She Never Expected To Find THIS Inside…
- Obama Lands In Hiroshima – What He Does Next Is Despicable
- BREAKING: Possible Bomb Found Onboard Plane Carrying 134 People – It’s Happening
- BREAKING: ISIS Launches Deadly Terrorist Attack – At Least 63 Dead