Millions of Americans are addicted to coffee, with many people depending on the morning drink to get their day going.
While some people have slammed coffee as unhealthy a new study has come out that reveals coffee is actually saving your life. According to IJ Review, coffee contains necessary nutrients like Riboflavin, Vitamin B5, and Manganese. More importantly, it also contains a healthy amount of antioxidants.
While caffeine gives you more energy, it also helps your body in other ways. It boosts brain function, reaction time, and even improves your mood! It also boosts your metabolism by up to 11%, and your exercise performance by 11-12%.
Researchers have found that those who drink coffee regularly:
- Have as much as a 65% lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Are less likely to get dementia in old age, and have a 32-60% lower risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
- Are 23-67% less likely to become diabetic, with the risk of type 2 diabetes reducing by about 7% with each daily cup of coffee.
- Are 84% less likely to develop Cirrhosis of the liver. (Those who drink four or more cups per day were least likely to get the disease.)
- Are 40% less likely to develop liver cancer.
- Have a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed. In fact, those who drink four or more cups a day were found to be 53% less likely to commit suicide.
Excuse me, I’m going to go make myself a nice big pot of coffee!