Obama’s DOJ Makes Sickening Move Against US Police – Strips Them Of THIS
October 6, 2015 10:30am PST
A few months ago, Obama turned on American police officers when he blamed them for the violent race riots spreading throughout the country, instead of the race-baiting protesters themselves.
Since then, the number of attacks on U.S. cops has dramatically increased as thugs now feel that it is ok to attack police officers because “the president said they could.”
Now, Obama’s Department of Justice has made a decision that has left the police officers in this country even more vulnerable to attack. According to Daily Caller, the Department of Justice sent an email to law enforcement agencies all over the country last week effectively stripping them of the military-style equipment they have grown to depend on for protection.
Ironically, the email went out just forty minutes after the latest school shooting in Oregon.
Officers all over the country have voiced their outrage at the decision, saying that they need this equipment to do their jobs.
“The equipment made available through federal grants and programs at pennies on the dollar are invaluable tools for law enforcement deputies and officers around the country,” Jonathan F. Thompson, executive director and CEO of the National Sheriffs’ Association said in an email statement. “One need only look at recent incidents, including the tragedy yesterday in Oregon, to see how this equipment is needed by our agencies and officers.”
Here’s a full list of the equipment that has just been prohibited:
Transition Period: Law enforcement agencies have until April 1, 2016, to implement new training and policy requirements. Controlled equipment may not be used, except for training purposes, until LEA certifies that training and policies are in place.
· Recall of Prohibited Equipment: All prohibited equipment will be recalled by April 1, 2016, by DoD which will issue guidance and assistance to LEAs.
· Responsibility: Acquiring LEA is responsible for ensuring that anyone using equipment adheres to relevant policies/ regional sharing agreement, regardless of user’s actual employer.
· Approval/ Notification: Sheriffs must only notify, rather than seek approval, their civilian governing body 30 days prior to the application for equipment.
· Camouflage Uniforms: Federally-acquired camouflage may only be used in environments where it actually camouflages wearer (ie, not urban areas, towns, or other populous centers)
· Permanent Working Group: Has been established and will meet quarterly beginning in October 2015. Plan to hold July 2016 annual review of the implementation.
· Civil rights Violations: LEAs must state in application if they have been found in violation of a Federal civil rights statute or programmatic term in past 3 years, any disposition, and any corrective actions taken.
· New Database: Interagency database, managed by BJA and staffed by dedicated contractor, will include information on applicant-LEAs; controlled equipment they acquired; status of equipment; and whether LEA has been found in violation of any programmatic rule or statute, including civil rights violations, that would raise concerns of suitability for acquiring controlled equipment.
Sheriff Michael Bouchard of Oakland County, Michigan told reporters that this decision has left sheriffs in rural areas without the equipment necessary to navigate rough terrain.
“Our belief is that [the administration] thinks they look to militaristic because it has treads, not wheels,” Bouchard commented. “A lot of rural sheriffs that have deserts or cold, deep snow areas. One of the vehicles they use for rescue or for emergency operations are tracked vehicles.”
“It is the only vehicle that can traverse the terrain whether it happens to be in an incredibly deep sand or incredibly deep snow,” he added. “Well, the president decided that tracked vehicles look to militaristic. So they are not allowed.”
What do you think about this latest move against police? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Welfare Queen Mouths Off To Patriotic Cop – Gets Hit Back With THIS
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- Obama-Voting Woman Tries To Run Down Two Police Officers – Watch What Happens Next
- Loudmouth Thug Rappers Attack Police Officers, Then Get A NASTY Surprise