When She Went To Get Her Tattoo Removed, She NEVER Thought This Would Happen

Share This Story

After breaking up with her boyfriend, 23-year-old Jess Hardy of Hereford, England decided she no longer wanted his name tattooed on her body. Unfortunately for her, removing it turned out to be more difficult and painful than she ever could have imagined.


According to Mad World News, Jess spent just $16 on a home tattoo removal kit. As soon as she used it, however, things took a devastating turn.

“I started putting it on at night,” Jess said. “It felt like someone just, poured like, something flammable on my arm, lit it, and then poured a kettle on my arm.”

Jess was later horrified when she found out that a chemical in the tattoo removal kit was corrosive, and it quickly began to eat away at her skin. The main ingredient in the kit was TCA, or Trichloroacetic acid, which professionals use for cosmetic peels.

Jess later described the wound the kit left her with as a “hole in her arm,” and that’s exactly what it looked like:


Doctors are now warning people not to use home tattoo removal kits at all.

“Any over the counter product claiming to remove a tattoo at home is either not going to do anything for you or potentially contains such caustic substances that will surely result in permanent surrounding skin damage,” said Dr. Megan Henderson, Chief Plastic Surgery resident at Southern Illinois University in Springfield.

“Like I said it’s expensive and time consuming, but if you care that much about the appearance of the tattoo, it’s worth it,” she added.

Jess’s arm is still struggling to heal to this day.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 12.51.00 PM

There you have it, folks: if you want to remove your tattoo, spend the extra money to have a trained doctor handle it with lasers!

Share This Story

Like it? Leave a comment...

United States
National Debt