When They Found This 200-Year-Old Body, They Never Expected THIS to Happen
September 29, 2015 10:02am PST
Earlier this year, a 200 year-old mummified monk was found in the Songinokhairkhan province. Now, Buddhist experts are saying that the monk is actually still alive because he is in a deep meditative trance.
According to The Telegraph, the monk was found wrapped in cattle skin on January 27 and was shipped off to the National Centre of Forensic Expertise in Mongolia for future study.
“The lama is sitting in the lotus position vajra, the left hand is opened, and the right hand symbolises of the preaching Sutra,” said Gankhüügiin Pürevbat, the founder of the Mongolian Institute of Buddhist Art at Ulan Bator Buddhist University.
“This is a sign that the lama is not dead, but is in a very deep meditation according to the ancient tradition of Buddhist lamas,” he added.
Some experts believe the monk is in “tukdam,” a deep meditative state which crosses between life and death. Dr. Barry Kerzin, a monk and physician for the Dalai Llama, agrees that this is indeed possible.
“If the person is able to remain in this state for more than three weeks – which rarely happens – his body gradually shrinks, and in the end all that remains from the person is his hair, nails, and clothes,” he said.
The monk is believed to have died in the 19th century, and his identity is still unknown.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- When The Pimple On His Back Exploded, He Wasn’t Expecting THIS To Come Out
- When She Popped The Massive Cyst Under Her Armpit, She Never Expected THIS To Come Out
- When She Popped The Wart On His Foot, She Was Stunned When THIS Came Out
- He Had A Huge Lump On His Forearm – When They Popped It… My God
- When She Had These Pimples On Her Lip Popped, She Never Thought THIS Would Come Out