He Felt Pain in His Arm – Never Expected to Pull THIS Out from Under His Skin

Share This Story

After going on vacation to Belize with his family, a young man developed a 102 degree fever that lasted for two weeks. According to American Overlook, he also noticed three tiny “infections” in his left elbow.

After leaving three doctors stumped, he began to lose hope – but then he spoke to a family friend who had spent a lot of time in Central America, and this friend immediately knew what was wrong with him: the sick man had three botfly larvae living inside of him.

Here’s the definition of a botfly, courtesy of Wikipedia:

“The Oestridae are a family of flies variously known as bot flies, warble flies, heel flies, gadflies, and similar names. Their larvae are internal parasites of mammals, some species growing in the host’s flesh and others within the gut. The human botfly, Dermatobia hominis, is the only species of bot fly known to parasitize humans routinely, though other species of fly do cause myiasis in humans.”

We must warn you that if you ever notice a botfly inside you, do NOT try to remove it yourself. Squeezing the infection may rupture the insect’s body, and it’s bodily fluids can send you into anaphylactic shock.

Share This Story

Like it? Leave a comment...

United States
National Debt