Ever since he slammed illegal immigrant in his campaign announcement in June, Donald Trump has put the fear of God in Mexicans who have come to our country illegally.
Now, Trump has released a policy paper on immigration, and Ann Coulter is calling it “the greatest political document since the Magna Carta,” adding that it’s so good that she doesn’t care if Trump “wants to perform abortions in the White House after this immigration policy paper.”
In the paper entitled “Immigration Reform That Will Make America Great Again,” Trump lays out three core principles:
1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.
2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.
3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.
According to The Blaze, Trump’s plan will deny babies of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. citizenship.
“They have to go,” Trump said on Meet The Press. “What they’re doing, they’re having a baby. And then all of a sudden, nobody knows … the baby’s here.”
“They’re illegal,” Trump added, referring to native-born children of people living illegally in the U.S. “You either have a country or not.”
Trump’s document also details how he plans to make Mexico pay for the wall he intends to build between our countries.
“The costs for the United States have been extraordinary: U.S. taxpayers have been asked to pick up hundreds of billions in healthcare costs, housing costs, education costs, welfare costs, etc.,” Trump’s position statement read. “Indeed, the annual cost of free tax credits alone paid to illegal immigrants quadrupled to $4.2 billion in 2011. The effects on jobseekers have also been disastrous, and black Americans have been particularly harmed.”
“In short, the Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners,” his statement continued. “They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.”
Until Mexico paid for a wall, Trump would “impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options].”
A few other key points from the document include:
- Triple the number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, funded by “eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants.”
- Institute an e-verify system for legal employment. He also said he would require immigrants to prove they could pay for their own housing, health care and more to end abuse of the welfare system.
- End catch-and-release, instead detaining illegal immigrants until they are deported.
- Cut off federal funding to cities who refuse to comply with these immigration rules.
What do you think about Trump’s plan? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.