Hillary Clinton May Face Criminal Charges As Her Presidential Chances Collapse
March 9, 2015 2:32pm PST
Last week, it was revealed that Hillary Clinton was using a personal email account during her time as Secretary of State. Now, a Republican congressman has suggested that Hillary could face criminal charges if she knowingly withheld emails from investigators.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) made the comments during an appearance on CNN’s State of the Union, where he pointed out that “voluntary cooperation does not guarantee that it’s a crime not to deliver all.”
“A subpoena, which Trey Gowdy issued, is so that in fact it will be a crime if she knowingly withholds documents pursuant to subpoena,” Issa said, according to The Hill.
Though Hillary called on the State Department to release 55,000 of her emails (which she self-selected), Issa argued that she “wasn’t forthcoming two and a half years ago.”
“She, in fact, hid the very existence of this until she was caught,” he added.
If Issa is right, Hillary may need to worry about more than just her presidential chances. Instead of planning her campaign, the former Secretary of State could find herself behind bars.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Caught In Major Lie – This Could Destroy Her
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Reportedly To Be Indicted
- Look Who Was Spotted At Trump Rolling Rally – The Media Does NOT Want You To See This
- Hillary Just Got DEVASTATING News – This Could Be the End
- BREAKING: Judge Issues Major Ruling On Hillary Clinton – This Could Change Everything