Clint Eastwood Gets Some Very Good News
March 9, 2015 8:43am PST
Over the weekend, Clint Eastwood got some amazing news when American Sniper surpassed The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 to become the highest domestic grosser of 2014. The war drama has now raked in $337.2 million domestic, beating out Mockingjay’s $336.9 million as well as Guardians of the Galaxy’s #337.2 million.
According to Forbes, this is the first time since 2000 that a non-franchise film has topped the year-end domestic box office rankings. That year, it was Jim Carrey’s The Grinch that earned the top spot.
The Chris Kyle film has been breaking box office records since it’s release on Christmas day, earning $89 million it’s first weekend alone. Insiders are sure the film will reach over $350 million before it ends it’s run, meaning it will likely outgross the vast majority of 2015 releases as well.
American Sniper is now the 32nd highest grossing movie of all time, and it is 14th among non-sequels. It is also the second-highest grossing R-rated film ever, only behind The Passion of the Christ ($370m).
The success of American Sniper is reportedly already having a major impact on Hollywood. Executives are scrambling to get their hands on the next American Sniper, and are approving scripts about Seals and the military left and right. It looks like we may be seeing more patriotic films about the military very soon, which would be a great thing for this country!
You may also like to read:
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS
- Hollywood Disrespects Ronald Reagan In The Worst Way With Sickening New Movie
- What Hillary Just Said About New Benghazi Movie Will Make You Sick
- Clint Eastwood Issues Desperate Message To Trump – Liberals Are Panicking About This
- BREAKING: Obama To BAN Guns In Movies, TV, and Video Games