Oprah Asks Megachurch Pastor About Gay Marriage — His Answer Takes Her By Surprise
February 18, 2015 7:50am PST
Former megachurch pastor Rob Bell is under fire this week after telling Oprah in an interview that churches will become irrelevant if they do not accept gay marriage soon.
When asked when churches will start accepting gay marriage, Bell replied that he believed they are “close” and “we’re just moments away from the church accepting it.”
“I think culture is already there and the church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense, when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles, and co-workers and neighbors, and they love each other and just want to go through life with someone,” Bell said, according to The Blaze.
Oprah expressed shock at the pastor’s views, saying “you sound really progressive to me.”
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Michelle Obama Drops Sickening Bombshell About Barack’s Past
- Jodi Arias To Get MARRIED After Finding Love Behind Bars
- Hillary Clinton Panicking After Damning Footage Surfaces – See It Before It’s Deleted
- Chuck Norris Stuns Fans With Bombshell Announcement
- Hugh Jackman Blacklisted By Hollywood After He Says THIS About God