Hollywood Celebrity Just Sued Fox News – But It Backfired Bigtime
February 7, 2015 4:55pm PST
As Mr. Conservative reported earlier this week, actress Lindsay Lohan is suing Fox News for defamation.
Today Fox News spoke out about the suit, and made it clear that Lohan will regret starting legal trouble with the network.
About a year ago, Fox News contributor Michelle Fields said on Hannity that Lindsay Lohan’s “mom is doing cocaine with her.” This comment is reportedly the cause of Lohan’s defamation lawsuit. Now the actress and her mother are suing for the “malicious innuendo” made against them.
Fox News has now responded to the suit, according to Mediaite.
Fox told Mediaite that they will be defending themselves against the suit “to the fullest.” Here is a statement from a Fox spokesperson:
We will defend this case to the fullest. The remark about which Lindsay and Dina Lohan complain was made on live television by a guest nearly a year ago. We removed the segment from our archives altogether last February and also apologized on-air. At that time, the Lohans did not make any demands for money, and we are surprised they are doing so now.
Fox initially apologized for Fields’ comment after the Hannity segment aired:
You may also like to read:
- Former Clinton Mistress Speaks Out – Reveals Hillary Is ‘Lesbian Cocaine Addict’
- BREAKING: Obama Panicking After This State Files Massive Lawsuit Against Him
- Obama Facing MASSIVE Lawsuit – White House In Panic Mode
- Trump Gets Some Devastating News After Cruz Drops Out – He’s In Trouble
- BREAKING: Judge Makes Massive Ruling Against Trump – He’s Going To Trial