Fox News Sued by Lindsay Lohan
February 3, 2015 9:11am PST
Lindsay Lohan is suing Fox News for defamation, according to Mediaite.
About a year ago, Fox News contributor Michelle Fields said on Hannity that Lindsay Lohan’s “mom is doing cocaine with her.” This comment is reportedly the cause of Lohan’s defamation lawsuit.
Following Field’s comment — which was made during a discussion about Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died of a heroin overdose — Lohan’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter to Fox News.
Now the actress and her mother are suing for the “malicious innuendo” made against them, Mediaite reported:
The paper, filed in a Manhattan court on Monday, say Fields “falsely, inappropriately and shockingly stated, unequivocally and as a ‘matter of fact’ that ‘Lindsay Lohan’s mother is doing cocaine with her.’”
As TMZ points out in its coverage of the suit, Lohan has admitted to using cocaine and has also said that her mother used the drug. But not, as Fields suggested, that they partake in it together.
Do you think Lohan will be successful in her lawsuit? Tell us what you think in the comments section!
You may also like to read:
- Barack Obama Caught In Major Lie On Live TV – Watch Him Panic
- Fox News Host Greta Van Susteren Makes Devastating Announcement – She Needs Our Prayers
- Trump Campaign Gets Some Amazing News – Will NOT Face Charges
- Megyn Kelly Drops Bombshell About Her Contract With Fox – This Could Change Everything
- Fox News Host Humiliated On Live TV After This Happens