Minnesota Councilmember Pulls Own Gun to Defend Colleagues
January 27, 2015 11:35am PST
According to the Daily Mail, just mere moments after a swearing in ceremony for new police officers, a gunman showed up with a ‘long gun’ and opened fire, wounding 2 officers.
One badass council member in the city of New Hope, Minnesota, is having none of the criminal shenanigans that ensued.
Yelling at his fellow Councilmembers, “GET DOWN!” One member pulled his own weapon at the criminal as officers returned fire, killing the gunman. No one else was injured.
Chief Deputy Mike Carlson with the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Department did not identify the gunman or reveal a possible motive for the attack.
The officers have not been named and it is unclear if they were the newly sworn-in officers or veterans of the force.
The wounded officers are in good condition and are expected to survive.
This council member can probably look forward to many years of service in his community for his act of courage and bravery in this very scary situation. It’s nice to know there are still those out there that will protect those under attack, even at high risk to themselves.
Written by Katie McGuire. Follow Katie on Twitter @GOPKatie
You may also like to read:
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In Major US City – At Least One Dead, Five Injured
- BREAKING: Legendary Musician Found DEAD
- Cecil The Lion Killer Sticks It To Liberals In A HUGE Way
- Lunch Lady Bravely Defies Michelle Obama, But Is Punished With This