BREAKING: Islamist Counterterror Raid in Belgium Leaves at Least 3 Dead
January 15, 2015 12:56pm PST
A shocking terror attack in Belgium leaving at least 3 day has rocked their as incidents occur nationwide:
The BBC reported:
Two people have been killed in an anti-terror operation in eastern Belgium, local officials say.
A third person was wounded in the raid in the town of Verviers, according to Belgian TV. Several arrests were made.
A source in the mayor’s office told AFP news agency that “an operation is under way”. Another official said the raid was “jihadist-related”.
Unconfirmed reports said raids were also taking place in Brussels and elsewhere in Belgium.
In Verviers, witnesses reported hearing heavy gunfire for several minutes and at least three explosions.
The area around the train station has been cordoned off and reports on social media say there is a heavy police presence in the town centre.
Media reports suggested those targeted were suspected jihadists who had returned from Syria.
Our thoughts and prayers are with those injured and to the families that have lost loved ones in this heinous attack. Pray for Brussels and all of Belgium.
H/T: Gateway Pundit
Written by Katie McGuire. Follow Katie On Twitter @GOPKatie
You may also like to read:
- Nobody Expected THIS To Happen To A Female Reporter On Live TV
- Muslim ‘Refugees’ Demand Woman Wear Headscarf, But She Refuses – What Happens Next Is Horrifying
- This Church Is Hiding An ‘Incredible’ Secret
- New Scandal Engulfs White House, Obama
- ‘Johnny Walker’, an Iraqi Muslim, Has Choice Words for Chris Kyle Haters