CIA Reveals The Truth Behind 1950s UFO Sightings “It Was Us”
January 2, 2015 9:13am PST
The CIA made the shocking admission this week that they were behind more than half of the many UFO sightings in the 1950s and 1960s.
The government agency tweeted a link to a 272 page report from 1998 in which they claimed responsibility for many of the sightings. Back in the 1950s, the CIA was testing it’s U2 spy planes at 60,000 feet, which at the time seemed to be an impossible altitude for man to reach. This caused many to believe that the aircraft was manned by aliens instead of by man.
The report says that at the time, commercial airliners flew below 20,000 feet and military aircraft generally stayed below 40,000 feet.
“Consequently, once U-2s started flying at altitudes above 60,000 feet, air-traffic controllers began receiving increasing numbers of UFO reports,” the CIA stated.
What do you think about this revelation? Sound off int he comments below!
H/T: Fox News
You may also like to read:
- “Loch Ness Monster” Caught On Camera – You Won’t Believe Where
- Disturbing Footage Shows YETI Wandering Around Mountains – Watch How This One Ends…
- BREAKING: Obama’s CIA May Assassinate Putin
- Hillary Clinton Tells Secret Service Agent To ‘F*ck Off’ After He Says Good Morning
- CIA Insider Reveals What REALLY Happened On 9/11