American War Veterans Get Some Very Bad News
December 22, 2014 8:14am PST
We already knew it isn’t easy to be a veteran in America, but this is just ridiculous…
A new study has found that veterans have never been less likely to have jobs than they are now. Researcher Mark Duggan found that an increase in available disability compensation has led to a decrease in job market entry rates for veterans. Today, veterans are facing their worst job prospects ever, and are filing for disability at astonishing rates.
Duggan found that from 1950 to 2000, veterans on disability only accounted for 8-10% of the total population. Today, that number has doubled to 18%.
Duggan urged lawmakers to reduce disability benefits, saying that this would “increase veterans’ financial incentive to work and could substantially increase both their health and their economic well-being,”
What do you think about this? Sound off in the comments below!
H/T: Daily Caller
You may also like to read:
- Trump Scores The Best Endorsement Of His Campaign – This Is A Game Changer
- George W. Bush Puts Obama To Shame On Memorial Day By Doing THIS
- Watch What Trump Did For Memorial Day – This Could Change Everything
- Veteran Ordered To Remove His American Flag Because It’s ‘Offensive’ – He Responds With THIS
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS