Russia Sends Bombers Over Gulf Of Mexico
November 12, 2014 1:21pm PST
Russia has just announced that they will be sending long-range bomber planes on regular patrols over the Gulf of Mexico.
“We have to maintain military presence in the western Atlantic and eastern Pacific, as well as the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico,” said Sergei Shoigu, Minister of Defense for the Russian Federation and General of the Army.
This announcement is believed to be a reaction to NATO’s moves to support Ukraine in the crisis there. Earlier this week, the European Leadership Council released a report in which they said there has been an increase in military encounters between Russia and NATO in recent months.
The Russians are clearly trying to prove their military capabilities to NATO in an attempt to deter them from further supporting Ukraine.
This latest move is not the first time the Russians have moved towards the United States this year. In June, U.S. fighter jets intercepted Russian bombers off the coast of Alaska and California.
What do you think Russia’s latest plan will result in? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Here’s What Happens On Hillary’s Jet When She’s Not Using It – She Does NOT Want You To See This
- BREAKING: ISIS Spotted On US Border – This Proves Trump Was Right
- Hitman Tries To Kill Marine – Gets A BRUTAL Dose Of Reality
- Teacher FIRED After She Is Caught Doing The Unthinkable On Camera…
- Hillary Clinton Caught Red-Handed Being Linked To THIS