Carrie Underwood Just Took a Huge Stand to Support Veterans
November 12, 2014 9:55am PST
You probably know Carrie Underwood as the blonde bombshell who won American Idol and has subsequently enjoyed a decade-long, record-breaking career in the music industry. What you may not know about her is that she holds a journalism degree from Northeastern State University. She is also a strong supporter of our troops. The queen of country music put the latter two qualities to good use on Veteran’s Day, when she penned an essay for Time to mark the occasion.
“I’ve met countless brave souls that sacrifice their time and effort to keep us safe here at home,” Underwood writes. “And I’ve met many spouses and children of those who don’t make it back home. Those are the stories that I could never and would never want to forget.” She goes on to tell the very moving story of a military family who changed the way she sings her hit sing, “See You Again.” You can read Underwoods entire article here.
The mother-to-be also performed at the Concert for Valor on Veteran’s Day along with some other big names in the music industry. Let us know what you think of her effort to support our troops in the comments section!
You may also like to read:
- Obama Makes Bombshell Announcement – Nobody Saw This Coming
- Carrie Underwood Stuns Fans With Sexy Bikini Photo
- Carrie Underwood and Willie Nelson Team Up For Major Announcement – Liberals Never Saw This Coming
- Carrie Underwood Just Gave Hollywood Liberals A HUGE Dose Of Reality
- Deaf Girl Had Never Heard A Sound In Her Life, But Then This Happened…