Homeless Man Brutally Vandalizes 9/11 Memorial, Then THIS Happens
October 20, 2014 6:55am PST
A local homeless man has been arrested for vandalizing a New York 9/11 memorial after he was caught on camera smearing white paint on the Brooklyn Wall of Remembrance on Coney Island.
The wall memorializes 346 firefighters, 37 port authority officers, 23 NYPD officers and a K-9 dog who all lost their lives in the line of duty on 9/11. The memorial features portraits of each of these people, making the crime all the more devastating to their family members.
“You wonder if it’s a directed attack, somebody trying to send a message,” Jim Smith, a retired police officer whose wife, Moira Smith, was the only female cop killed on 9/11.
After seeing the security footage of the incident, police initially believed that the vandal was a woman. However, they soon realized it was actually a man and promptly arrested Elliot Baez, 58, for the crime.
Baez is described as “mentally troubled” and claims to have no memory of the incident.
“I’m sorry for whatever I did,” he told police as they arrested him. “I just came to Coney Island for a suntan.”
How do you think Baez should be punished for this crime? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- White House Panicked After Obama Is Caught Doing THIS…
- 3 Year-Old Boy Claims Man Talks To Him Every Night – What His Parents Then Find Is Horrifying
- Teen Thug Assaults Delivery Man – Then Gets A NASTY Surprise
- Race-Baiting Punks Attack Homeless Man For ‘Being White’ – Get A Nasty Surprise
- Patriot Catches Man Beating Young Woman, So He Does THIS