Archaeologists Make New Discovery: The Face of Jesus is Forever Changed
October 9, 2014 2:13pm PST
Jesus is usually depicted with a long, straggly beard, but a new discovery may change the way we perceive him forever. A team of experts working in Spain has uncovered an ancient glass plate depicting one of the first images of Jesus Christ. His likeness is clean-shaven and he is shown with short hair. Take a look at the astonishing find:
(Read More: Historian Discovers Site Where Jesus Was Crucified)
Marcelo Castro, head of the Forum MMX excavation project, remarked:
“We know it dates back to the 4th century, in part because popes in the following centuries ordered all patens to be made out of silver. We were afraid to say what we believed at first, because it forces us to rethink the history of Christian Spain. We were wary about presenting the paten as a 4th century piece in case it clashed with previous studies into the chronology of Christianity in Spain.”
Jesus was originally thought to have come to Spain in the 5th century, but that notion has been challenged by this new discovery.
The communion plate, which was found in remarkably good condition, was put on display in a Spanish museum on Wednesday.
Tell us what you think of this report in the comments section!
H/T: The Blaze
You may also like to read:
- This Gorgeous Girl Loved Her Selfie, But Her Friends Were Stunned To See What Else Was In It…
- While We Were Distracted With Obama’s Gitmo Speech, THIS Happened
- Disturbing Footage Shows YETI Wandering Around Mountains – Watch How This One Ends…
- Jesus Predicted The Anti-Christ 2,000 Years Ago – When I Saw This, I Got Chills…
- Park Bench Removed Because It Had Bible Verses on It… But What Happened Next? WOW