Carrie Underwood Reveals How She REALLY Feels About Christianity
October 4, 2014 2:59pm PST
American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood (2005), spoke openly about her faith and family on the Today Show. Her newest single “Something in the Water” is creating a bit of a stir, even though Carrie has always been an outspoken Christian. Arguably at the height of her career, Underwood is having a banner year. She is releasing her first compilation album, having her first child, and hosting the CMA Awards for the 6th straight year.
She relates that when she chose “Jesus Take the Wheel” as her debut single after Idol, people told her it was “risky”. She told Esquire Magazine, “And I was thinking, ‘Really?’ I grew up in Oklahoma, I always had a close relationship with God. I never thought it was risky in the least. If anything, I thought it was the safest thing I could do.”
Although this album is sure to have a number of amazing songs, the first she chose to release is reminiscent of her very first single. “Something in the Water” ends with a few bars from “Amazing Grace” and layers in all the messages of faith, hope, and love one expects from a Christian ballad. In the United States of America, it is difficult to imagine how such a song could pose any risk at all. The audio is here for you, judge for yourself.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Beloved TV Star KILLED By Drunk Driver
- Carrie Underwood Stuns Fans With Sexy Bikini Photo
- Carrie Underwood and Willie Nelson Team Up For Major Announcement – Liberals Never Saw This Coming
- Carrie Underwood Just Gave Hollywood Liberals A HUGE Dose Of Reality
- BREAKING: Carrie Underwood’s Husband Makes HUGE Confession – Nobody Saw This Coming