Christian Farm Owners Retaliate After Being Forced To Host Gay Weddings
August 30, 2014 9:57pm PST
A farming couple made a drastic decision this week after they were fined and forced to host gay weddings on their property: they won’t host any more weddings.
“Going forward, [Cynthia and Robert Gifford] have decided to no longer host any wedding ceremonies on their property (other than the ones already under contract),” James Trainor of the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative legal firm, told The Blaze.
The Giffords found themselves in hot water after they refused to host a gay wedding on their farm in 2012. A judge fined them $13,000 and ruled that they cannot discriminate against same sex couples.
“Since the order essentially compelled them to do all ceremonies or none at all, they have chosen the latter in order to stay true to their religious convictions, even though it will likely hurt their business in the short run,” Trainor added in his statement.
Lawyers say that the Giffords are also being forced to “teach classes to their employees that impose the state’s view of marriage,” even though it goes against their convictions.
Reportedly, the Giffords will continue to host wedding receptions at their home, just not the actual ceremonies. Though it will certainly affect their business, they believe it is worth it to hold true to what they believe.
What do you think about this case? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Hillary Clinton Never Wanted Anyone To See This Footage – This Could Change Everything
- BREAKING: Andrea Tantaros Taken Off Fox Lineup – You Won’t Believe The Reason Why
- Megyn Kelly Gets Some Amazing News – She Never Saw This Coming
- Fox News Host Greta Van Susteren Makes Devastating Announcement – She Needs Our Prayers
- Chuck Norris Stuns Fans With Bombshell Announcement