You Won’t Believe What This T.V. Anchor Called An African American Woman On Live Television
July 2, 2014 7:27am PST
Atlanta CBS affiliate morning show host Michelle Burdo made a huge mistake Monday morning during a live broadcast. During a segment devoted to discussing hair treatments, Burdo said to her African American guest “Let me tell you something. I’m not a colored woman but I have kinky hair just like her and when you straighten it every day it’s…”
“Healthier,” her guest interrupted.
According to Mediaite, the remark caused a large online controversy and outraged citizens called for an apology. Live on air once again Tuesday morning, Burdo tried to clean up her mess:
“Yesterday, I made a pretty insensitive remark during one of our segments here on Better Mornings Atlanta. I apologize,” she said. “Once again, I truly want to say from the bottom of my heart that I really am sorry about that comment. I made that comment in reference to my hair color but I used an inappropriate term.”
Time will only tell if Burdo is able to keep her job in the face of this controversy. Check out the initial guffaw in the video above.
H/T: Tell Me Now
You may also like to read:
- Patriotic Sheriff ANNIHILATES Hillary Clinton For THIS
- Donald Trump Gets Shocking Endorsement – Nobody Saw This Coming
- Hillary Releases Vile Anti-Trump Ad, But It Just Backfired In a BIG Way
- Obama Panicking After Damning Footage Surfaces – This Could Destroy Him
- White Couple Refuses To Give Up Seats To Black Thugs – What Followed Was ’15 Seconds Of Terror’