Leaked Letters Show Bergdahl Blamed Leadership for His Desertion
June 12, 2014 1:11pm PST
In a pair of letters written while in captivity that were obtained by the Daily Beast, freed soldier Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl blamed the leadership in his unit for his desertion of the base in Afghanistan along with asking the government to reserve its judgment of him.
The letters were written from wherever he was being held, and asked that both his family and government wait until all of the facts around his leaving the base were known before they pass judgment on him. He also partially explained why it was that he left.
One letter dated March 23, 2013 states, “Leadership was lacking, if not non-existent. The conditions were bad and looked to be getting worse for the men that where actuly (sic) the ones risking thier (sic) lives from attack.”
“If this letter makes it to the U.S.A., tell those involved in the investigation that there are more sides to the cittuwation (sic),” he adds. “Please tell D.C. to wait for all evadince (sic) to come in.”
The Daily Beast was able to confirm that the two letters were the same that the International Red Cross gave to Begdahl’s family from the Taliban.
You may also like to read:
- Supreme Court Gives Obama Some Devastating News
- BREAKING: Terrorist Attack Leaves At Least 28 Dead – Hundreds Injured
- Obama Spends $300,000 Tax Dollars To Give Illegals THIS
- Obama Makes Bombshell Admission – This Could Get Him Impeached
- Obama’s ‘Refugees’ Pull Up To Woman At KFC – What They Do Next Left Her Near Death