Woman Settles For $355,000 After Cops Strip Her Naked “Without Provocation”
June 11, 2014 7:40am PST
Last year it was reported that a woman, in jail for a DUI, was stripped naked by police officers and left in her jail cell nude overnight. After months of litigation over the matter, the woman finally was able to settle for a whopping $355,000.
It all started in May of 2013 where Dana Holmes, 32, was brought in to the LaSalle County jail for processing. While there however, the officers threw her on the floor and stripped her completely naked because she was being “uncooperative.”
The entire incident was caught on surveillance camera where Holmes describes, “I was terrified. I felt helpless. I was scared and I lay there crying… I just prayed.” After the unfortunate occurrence, the violated woman decided to take the officers to court and wound up just recently settling – for $355,000.
According to the Mail Online:
Holmes will receive $125,000 and attorney Terry Ekl will get $100,000 in legal fees, according to court documents, cited by the Chicago Tribune.
Four people who said they received similar treatment at the jail will each receive $30,000 and a fifth person will get $10,000.
LaSalle County officials recently noted that they will soon be implementing new policies and procedures to ensure a similar incident does not occur in the future.
You may also like to read:
- Welfare Queen Mouths Off To Patriotic Cop – Gets Hit Back With THIS
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- Obama-Voting Woman Tries To Run Down Two Police Officers – Watch What Happens Next
- Loudmouth Thug Rappers Attack Police Officers, Then Get A NASTY Surprise
- Entitled Topless Obama-Voter Punches Cop – Gets A BRUTAL Response