The Palin family hasn’t been able to stay out of the press ever since Sarah’s bid for the Vice Presidency and Bristol’s high profile teen pregnancy. The newest reports circling the political family are that Bristol and her ex, Levi, are in the midst of a bitter custody battle over their son, Tripp.
The latest feud between the two ex-lovers was made public via text messages contained in court documents. Apparently, Palin took their son with her to Arizona for six months last year and Levi was more than a little perturbed. Palin says she did have his permission to take the trip, though. Now Levi wants to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
(Read More: Sarah Palin Calls Out Media Hypocrisy)
Just in case you’re not up to date with the saga surrounding these two young parents, here’s a breakdown for you:
- The couple had son, Tripp, as teens just after former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin missed out on her bid for the vice presidency.
- The two split in 2009, when Tripp was just months old.
- They briefly reunited in 2010, but broke off their engagement just three months later.
- The former couple had reached a child custody stipulation in August 2010, allowing Levi to see his son on Saturdays and Wednesdays, but the court never approved it.
- Levi has married and has a one-year-old daughter named Breeze with his new wife, Sunny Oglesby.
- Levi owes Bristol $30,000 in child support to date.
Levi claims that Tripp would much rather live with his family than with Bristol. One of his text messages read:
“Go ahead and ask him if he want to stay with dad or go with u. Bet he says dad. Just saying Bristol. Tripps old enough to tell u what he wants now.”
Ever since becoming the poster child for teen pregnancy, Bristol has been outspoken about abstinence. Now it’s easy to see why, as it seems that her experience parenting 5-year-old Tripp with Levi has been no walk in the park.
(Read More: Palin’s AR-15 Remark Sparks Liberal Firestorm)
This poor little boy may have been born political royalty, but the tabloid drama in his life from day one can’t be a good thing. Hopefully Bristol and Levi can sort things out as amicably as possible for the sake of their son.
H/T: Tell Me Now