Town Fears Beached Whale Will Explode At Any Moment
April 30, 2014 11:53am PST
A small Canadian town has been faced with an unusual problem as of late.
When the caracas of a blue whale washed up on the shore of a Newfoundland community, residents soon became alarmed. As it became apparent that methane gas was leaking from the enormous dead whale, concerns arose that it could explode at any minute.
Emily Butler, the Trout River town clerk, said of the strange problem:
“We have a concern …because I’m not sure with the heat and gases that are trapped inside of this mammal if at some point in time it will explode. Nobody has been properly trained in the removal of whale carcasses of this size.”
That’s not entirely surprising. The removal of giant whale carcasses is probably not the most pressing issue for the environmental service department’s training program.
Aside from worries over the whale exploding, it is also emitting a powerful stench, much to the dismay of the town’s 600 residents.
Tourism has risen in the area as a result of the huge beached whale, which is reported to have swelled to twice the size it was at it’s death.
Well, we bet this isn’t something that has likely happened where you live. On the off chance that it has, we’d sure love to hear about it in the comments section!
H/T: Daily Mail
You may also like to read:
- Whoopi Runs Her Mouth About Trump… BAD Idea!
- If You See A Blue Line On The Curb, Here’s What It Means – It’s Not What You’re Thinking…
- ‘The View’ Host Raven-Symone Vows To Leave US If THIS Happens
- Liberals Launch Plan To Build Seven New Refugee Camps – Force Taxpayers To Fund Mosques
- Ted Cruz Gets Some HUGE News – This Changes Everything