VIDEO: Ex-MMA Fighter Chokes Out Armed Robber
December 15, 2013 7:38am PST
New surveillance footage shows why it’s a bad idea to try to pull off an armed robbery on a retired cage fighter.
Tom “Mate” Anderton is a retired MMA fighter who owns a store in Pennsylvania — last Saturday he saw a man putting items into his pockets while browsing the aisles.
Anderton immediately confronted the man. He said, “I went to get the rest of the stuff in his pocket and when I did that, that’s when he pulled the knife out. And it was a big knife and that’s when it was on right there.”
What he did next took guts.
“I grabbed his arm, started shouting ‘drop the knife.'”
After the robber would not drop his weapon, Anderton used the skills he learned in the MMA.
He said, “I’m not actually trying to choke him out. But he’s still struggling … he’s still … in a second I just put my hand on the back of his head, apply a bit more pressure and he just goes limp.”
Check out the video of the incident below.
Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.
Written by Kristin. Follow her on Facebook.
You may also like to read:
- Hoodlum Tries To Rob Bank – Doesn’t Realize Off-Duty Cop Is Right Behind Him…
- Thug Tries To Rob Gas Station – Gets A Deadly Dose Of Reality
- Three Thugs Attack Patriot – Have No Idea His MMA Fighter Friend Is Watching…
- Thugs Try To Rob Bar – They Didn’t Know A Cop Was Inside…
- GRAPHIC: Thug Attacks Texas Cop – Gets A BRUTAL Dose Of Reality