Blake Shelton Shocks Fans By Doing THIS at the Country Music Awards… Wow
April 4, 2016 6:14am PST
Blake Shelton opened the 2016 Academy of Country Music Awards last night in a way that many are saying could not have been more awkward.
According to Huffington Post, Blake sang “Came Here To Forget” as his ex-wife Miranda Lambert sat watching him in the audience. The awkward part is that the song is rumored to have been written about his new girlfriend Gwen Stefani.
Lyrics of the song include, “Girl getting over him and I’m getting over her/ The eyes have it made, ain’t gotta say a word/ Misery loves company, that’s why it’s you and me,” so this can’t have been easy for Miranda to listen to.
Blake has been open about the influence Gwen has had on his music, telling reporters that it doesn’t take a “rocket scientist” to figure out that many of the songs on his new album will be about her.
“If you have followed my career even a little bit in my life, you know what has happened with me in the last, gosh, eight or nine months,” Blake said, referring to his recent divorce and new relationship.
“I can put my life experience, whether it’s a divorce or my new girlfriend, whatever those experiences are, whatever things that are happening in my life, I have an outlet for them,” he continued. “I have music. I can write songs, I can sing about it.”
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Miranda Lambert Stuns Fans With Heartbreaking Announcement – She Needs Prayers
- Miranda Lambert Makes Heartbreaking Announcement – Begs Fans For Help
- BREAKING: Gwen Stefani Confirms She Is PREGNANT With Blake Shelton’s Child
- Blake Shelton Involved In Massive $2 Million Lawsuit – This Could Explain His Divorce…
- Blake Shelton And Gwen Stefani Caught Doing THIS On Camera – Miranda Lambert Devastated