BREAKING: US Military Drops Bombshell Announcement About Draft – It’s Happening

AUTHOR

February 3, 2016 2:39pm PST

During a Senate hearing on women in combat on Tuesday, two top military officials made some bombshell statements about women and the draft.

“Senator, it’s my personal view that based on this lifting of restrictions for assignment to unit MOS that every American who’s physically qualified should register for the draft,” Marine Corps Gen. Robert Neller said to Sen. Claire McCaskill during the hearing, according to CNS News.

What Neller said about the “lifting of restrictions” is referring to the Pentagon’s announcement last year that all combat positions, even Navy SEALs, will soon be open to women.

“Senator, I think you very correctly pointed out this needs to be looked at as part of a national debate given the changed circumstances,” he added when McCaskill claimed that forcing women to sign up for the draft might make them want to take a career in the military.

According to Conservative Tribune, Undersecretary of the Army Patrick Murphy agreed with Nelley that there needs to be a national debate about women and the draft.

“Yes, it should be a national debate, and I encourage the legislative body to look at that,” he said.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley said there should not be a debate, but he expressed his full support for drafting women.

“Senator, I think that all eligible and qualified men and women should register for the draft,” Milley said, though he cautioned that an implementation like this must be done slowly and carefully to avoid “failure.”

Military leaders believe that if it’s so important to women that they take combat positions, they should also have to sign up for the draft like all men do. What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

comments

You must login in order to leave a comment.