I Was About To Throw Away My $800 Smelly Carpet, But Then I Saw This…
December 17, 2015 9:03am PST
If you’re anything like me, you love your pets with all your heart. However, the one downside about pets is that they leave dander all over the house, which in turn leave very unpleasant smells in your carpeting.
If ou think this means you should throw your carpets away, however, think again! With two simple ingredients, your carpet will be smelling clean in no time!
According to American Overlook, here’s what you need to do:
To deodorize your rug the easy way, head to the store and pick up:
- Baking soda
- Your favorite essential oils (peppermint, lemon are recommended)
- Mason jar with two-part lid
- Card stock
- Hole puncher or scissors
Open up the mason jar and fill almost to the top with baking soda. Add in about 20-30 drops of your essential oils and do a little stirring. Once that is well combined, it’s time to make the lid.
Take the card stock and cut out a circle matched to the lid of the mason jar. Punch some holes in the card stock, then replace the metal cover of the lid with the card stock. Cover up the holes and shake up the mixture one more time.
Now just shake a little of your homemade deodorizing powder across your carpet, let it sit for 20 minutes or so and vacuum it up. You don’t need much, because this stuff is powerful. Make sure to vacuum it all up or your may have some unhappy guests with irritated feet come Christmas time.
I will DEFINITELY be trying this in my home!
You may also like to read:
- The Mailman Swore This Happened Every Day, But They Wouldn’t Believe Him, So He Filmed It!
- They Were Walking Past An Old Metal Box When They Heard Movement – What They Found Inside…OMG!
- When She Poured Coke Into Her Toilet, I Was Confused – But Then I Saw The Result
- ALERT: Here’s Why You Should Remove the Screws in Your Door Immediately
- When She Put An Onion In Her Ear, I Thought She Was Crazy – But Then She Did THIS