Park Bench Removed Because It Had Bible Verses on It… But What Happened Next? WOW
December 9, 2015 1:48pm PST
A park bench dedicated to a young car crash victim was removed from a North Carolina park because it included Bible verses on it.
Heather Roten, the mother of the child, told Fox 8, “I just could not believe that they would take something away from my precious little baby like that.”
Her 16-month old son, Mason, died after the crash in August. Friends and Elkin High School alumni say they arranged to create the metal bench and place it in Elkin Municipal Park.
One engraving on the bench reads, “In loving memory of Mason Camden Roten.” Another includes a verse from the book of Psalms.
Officials in Elkin removed the bench Monday, reportedly placing it in storage.
Town manager John Holcomb told Fox 8 officials had never approved the bench, pointing out that it was placed on top of a different memorial. “It is a beautiful bench and we are currently working to find another more suitable location for the bench which is in memory of a young child,” he added.
Heather Roten, however claims that alumni DID get permission. She said, “They’re pretty much calling us liars, that they didn’t get permission which they did.
SHARE this story if you think the park bench should be replaced!
You may also like to read:
- Clinton Rape Victim Breaks Her Silence – Reveals Something That Could Destroy Hillary Forever
- Damning Footage Surfaces Of Trump After He’s Accused Of Rape – This Is NOT Good
- Chuck Norris Stuns Fans With Bombshell Announcement
- Mother And Son Caught Having SEX – They’re In Love
- Hugh Jackman Blacklisted By Hollywood After He Says THIS About God