BREAKING: Congress to Repeal Obamacare
December 3, 2015 11:33am PST
Yesterday, we reported that the U.S. Senate was preparing to pass legislation that would repeal Obamacare for the first time. Now, the congressional Democrats have promised to make life as difficult for Republicans as they can, should the bill move forward.
“Democrats are focused on doing something to stop the gun violence, and we will force amendment votes to that end today,” Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, told the Washington Times. “We are going to vote on expanded background checks. We are going to vote to prevent criminals convicted of harassing women’s health clinics from owning weapons. Shouldn’t we do that at least?”
While these provisions won’t make it to law, it will allow Democrats to run ads attacking vulnerable Republican politicians for how they voted.
Despite the backlash and the fact that the bill is doomed to be vetoed by Obama, Senate Republicans say they have no regrets about moving forward with it.
“Are we doing this for partisan reasons? I would say no, absolutely not,” Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, said. “What we are doing is listening to our constituents, who’ve told us that they’ve had one bad experience after another with Obamacare.”
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Watch What Trump Did For Memorial Day – This Could Change Everything
- Look Who Was Spotted At Trump Rolling Rally – The Media Does NOT Want You To See This
- US House Preparing To Vote On Impeachment – White House Panicking
- Panic After Trump Makes MAJOR Announcement – This Is About to Get Messy
- Trump Earns Bombshell Endorsement – This Could Change Everything