Garth Brooks Drops Bombshell – Country Fans Stunned
November 25, 2015 9:47am PST
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood have one of the most legendary marriages in the country music world, but what many people forget is that the former was actually married before.
Brooks met his first wife in college, and he was actually still married to her when he met Yearwood. As his career took off, however, cracks in his marriage to his first wife were exposed.
During a recent appearance on Ellen, Brooks gave some rare insight into the first marriage he tried so hard to save.
“Being married, it’s gotta be right. This is who you went to college with and you were married in front of God and your family and everybody,” he told Degeneres, according to Q Political. “Still, at the end of the day, There comes that time where you’re looking at the rest of your life and going, ‘How do you want to live it?’”
Brooks finally divorced his first wife in 2000, and he didn’t end up marrying Yearwood until 2005. He told Degeneres that the years since then have been the happiest of his life.
“I never knew it could be like this,” he concluded. “I never knew that every day you could feel like this.”
God bless you, Garth and Trisha!
You may also like to read:
- Donald Trump Shocks Supporters With Bombshell Admission – Will You Still Support Him?
- Michelle Obama Drops Sickening Bombshell About Barack’s Past
- Trump LIVID After Bombshell 1991 Footage Surfaces – This Could Change Everything
- Trump OBLITERATES Smug Liberal Anchor To His Face On Live TV
- Clinton Aide LOSES It During Interview – Drops Bombshell Nobody Saw Coming