Doctors Didn’t Know Why He Was Sick, Then They Found This Living Under His Skin
November 24, 2015 6:36am PST
A young man came home from a family vacation to Belize with a 102 degree fever that lasted for two weeks. He also found three small “infections” on his elbows, but three different doctors were stumped as to what his condition could be.
Finally, he spoke to a family friend who had spent time in Central America, and this friend was able to diagnose his condition immediately. According to American Overlook, the young man had three botfly larvae growing inside him.
Here’s how Wikipedia defines botflies:
The Oestridae are a family of flies variously known as bot flies, warble flies, heel flies, gadflies, and similar names. Their larvae are internal parasites of mammals, some species growing in the host’s flesh and others within the gut. The human botfly, Dermatobia hominis, is the only species of bot fly known to parasitize humans routinely, though other species of fly do cause myiasis in humans.
If you or someone you know has a botfly infection, do NOT try to remove it yourself. Squeezing it can rupture the fly’s body, and it’s fluids can put you in anaphylactic shock. If you think you have this, head to the doctor immediately!
You may also like to read:
- Beloved Fox News Reporter Suffers Terrifying Health Scare – Please Pray
- Hillary Desperate To Wipe This Video From The Internet – See It Before It’s Deleted
- He Had This Bump On His Arm For Six Months, So He Popped It – What Came Out…OMG!
- He Had Three Massive Cysts On His Back – When They Popped It…OMG!
- She Had A Huge Lump In Her Thigh – Stunned To Pull THIS Creature Out Of It