Experts Warn STD Epidemic Is WORSENING In US
November 18, 2015 8:33am PST
Government officials are warning that the epidemic of sexually transmitted diseases in the U.S. is increasing as the most common infection, chlamydia, has risen to record levels.
According to Breitbart, reported cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis all increased last year. Chlamydia cases dipped in 2013, but in 2014 they rose to a record high of 1.4 million new cases, up 3% from the year before.
“America’s worsening STD epidemic is a clear call for better diagnosis, treatment, and prevention,” said the CDC’s Dr. Jonathan Mermin.
Gonorrhea cases went up to 350,062, up 5% from 2013, and the most contagious forms of syphilis jumped 15% to 20,000 cases.
The vast majority of gonorrhea and chlamydia cases were in 15-24 year-olds, which is an ongoing trend. Each of these infections can cause infertility in women, but they can also be treated with antibiotics. However, they typically have no symptoms, so yearly screening is recommended for sexually active women under the age of 25.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: New Reports Claim Michelle Obama Is Having AFFAIR With Secret Service Agent
- What Obama Just Did With $500 Million Will Make You SICK
- BREAKING: Trump Accused Of RAPING 13 Year-Old Girl
- Hillary Clinton Has Been Trying To Hide This For 30 Years – Now It’s Come Back To Destroy Her Campaign
- Teenager Films Her Friend Being Raped – What She Does With The Footage Is Sickening…