Christian Reality TV Show CANCELLED In Wake Of Sex Scandal
July 16, 2015 8:48am PST
A few months ago, the nation was shocked when it was revealed that Josh Duggar, star of the Christian reality TV show 19 Kids & Counting had molested four of his sisters ten years ago.
The scandal rocked the family, and TLC immediately put the show on hiatus. Though some Christian fans hoped the reality show would return, the channel announced on Thursday that they have cancelled the series.
According to Daily Mail, the network told the Associated Press that the show “will no longer appear on the air.”
For ten seasons, the show had followed the daily lives of Arkansas couple Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their now-19 children. The Duggars were characterized by their conservative Christian values, which made the allegations of sexual abuse all the more shocking. After news of the cancellation broke, the Duggars released the following statement:
It wasn’t all bad news for Duggar fans, however. TLC also announced that two of the Duggar women will be featured in a new special for the channel about child abuse and child molestation. The channel has also not ruled out a spin-off show focusing on popular Duggar sisters Jill and Jessa, who were both victims of their brother’s.
What do you think about the decision to cancel this show? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- You Won’t Believe What’s Down the Street From Obama’s New Mansion…This Proves He’s A Muslim
- BREAKING: Obama’s Announce Final Lavish Summer Vacation – You Won’t Believe How Much It’ll Cost Us…
- Michelle Obama Reveals What She’ll Do After Leaving White House – This Is NOT Good
- Chuck Norris Stuns Fans With Bombshell Announcement
- Tragic Secret About Trump’s Past Leaks – He Needs Prayers