Obama Stole This Farmer’s Crop And Wouldn’t Give It Back – But Then The Supreme Court Stepped In…
June 23, 2015 1:47pm PST
On Monday, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of California farmers Marvin and Laura Horne in their battle to stop Obama from seizing a large share of their crop.
The Obama administration was trying to seize much of the Hornes’ raisin crops in accordance with an antiquated federal law that is meant to keep crop prices high. The Hornes took the case to the highest court in the country, who ruled in their favor with an 8-1 vote in a decision that is sure to be a slap in the face for Obama.
In their Monday decision, the Supreme Court noted the absurdity of the amount of crop Obama tried to seize in an unidentified year.
“In one of the years at issue here, the government insisted that the Hornes turn over 47 percent of their raisin crop, in exchange for the ‘benefit’ of being allowed to sell the remaining 53 percent,” wrote Chief Justice John Roberts, going on to explain why the judges ruled in the Hornes’ favor.
“The reserve requirement imposed by the Raisin Committee is a clear physical taking,” Roberts continued. “Actual raisins are transferred from the growers to the government. Title to the raisins passes to the Raisin Committee. The Committee disposes of those raisins as it wishes, to promote the purposes of the raisin marketing order.”
Prior to this landmark decision, the Hornes were facing $700,000 in fines for not participating in the federal crop stealing program for over ten years. Thanks to the ruling, however, they are now completely off the hook.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Trump’s Attorney General Pick Leaks – This Is Hillary’s Worst Nightmare
- Trump Is Asked If He’ll Put Cruz On Supreme Court – His Response May Shock You
- Liberal Actress Launches Protest On Patriot’s Farm – He Responds With THIS
- Supreme Court Makes Landmark Ruling That Should Terrify All Conservatives
- Supreme Court Gives Obama Some Devastating News