BREAKING: American Soldier Found Dead In South Korea
June 18, 2015 10:07am PST
The U.S. Army announced on Thursday that an American soldier has died during a navigation training exercise in South Korea.
Korean citizens found the body of Spc. Michael William Corey, who was an intelligence analyst, near the edge of Camp Jackson on Monday. The military told CNN that the cause of Corey’s death was unknown, but that it happened during “land navigation training.” They are currently investigating the incident.
Originally from Oro Valley, Arizona, Corey joined the army last year and was assigned to the 441st Military Intelligence Battalion in Camp Zama, outside Tokyo. He was in South Korea to participate in a leadership course at the Non-Commissioned Officer Academy at Camp Jackson, a U.S. Army base located just north of Seoul.
One American serviceman described Camp Jackson as a “small hole-in-the-mountain base.”
South Korea is a key alley for the U.S. in that part of the world, and there are currently around 28,000 American soldiers stationed there. We’ll update you as soon as we know more about this mysterious death.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Beloved Hollywood Actor Found Dead – Please Send Prayers
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS
- BREAKING: Beloved Actress Found Dead – Please Pray For The Family
- BREAKING: Legendary News Anchor Found Dead
- BREAKING: Legendary News Anchor Found Dead – Please Pray