He Was Bullied For Having Long Hair, But Then He Got The Last Laugh
June 9, 2015 6:43am PST
When 8 year-old Christian McPhilamy saw a television commercial for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, he knew he had to take action.
It made Christian sad that not only were the children sick, they also faced losing their hair. After his mother explained the side effects of chemotherapy to him, Christian made the decision to grow his hair long so that he could donate it to help children with cancer.
Two years later, Christian had long blonde hair and 10 inch long ponytails. While his intentions were pure, this did not seem to matter to his peers. Unfortunately, Christian faced daily bullying at school for his long locks.
“He has endured an awful lot of criticism, and yes even bullying, throughout this time,” said his mother, who added that even adults bullied him, calling him a “girl.”
Despite the teasing, Christian stayed strong.
“He held his head high and he never once said that he wanted to cut it off,” his mother proudly said.
Christian finally donated his hair when it grew past ten inches. We couldn’t be more proud of him!
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Legendary News Anchor Found Dead
- She Gave Birth To Septuplets 18 Years Ago – What They Look Like Now…OMG!
- Thug Points Gun And Orders Teen Out Of Car – Never Thought THIS Would Happen Next
- Major Secret About Joey Feek Is Revealed In Her Obituary – Fans Never Saw This Coming
- BREAKING: Bill O’Reilly Loses Custody Of Kids After He’s Caught Choking Wife