When He Jammed Six Poles Into The Ground, His Neighbors Were Confused – But Then They Found Out Why
June 1, 2015 11:16am PST
This man wanted some more privacy for his Milwaukee home, so he took action. What he did left everyone in his neighborhood stunned, and eager to try it themselves!
Reddit user My_DIY_Acccount uploaded the photos of his backyard project to the internet, and the images quickly went viral. He started by cementing six Douglas fir 4x4s into the ground. Then, inspired by Venetian blinds, he added some cedar slats between the 4x4s.
This would allow him to see out, but make it impossible for neighbor’s to see in. It also lets the breeze inside, making it perfect for summer.
The man then stained the fence and used Waterlox to make it waterproof, and he didn’t stop there.
The homeowner dug a trench and placed decking blocks inside it. He laid a deck foundation before adding deck boards to the top.
He then finished the deck and stained it, and it can now fit 20 people on it without breaking!
Surprisingly enough, this project cost him a total of just $1,500. We wouldn’t be surprised if his neighbors try this for themselves too!
You may also like to read:
- When Construction Workers Found A Box Underneath Her Home, She Never Expected To Find THIS Inside…
- BREAKING: House Republicans Score Major Victory Over Obama – He’s Panicking
- BREAKING: White House On Lockdown After Thug Jumps Fence
- Here’s What Obama Has Desperately Been Trying To Hide
- The Mailman Swore This Happened Every Day, But They Wouldn’t Believe Him, So He Filmed It!