Ending of American Sniper Scrapped After Something Shocking Happens
February 18, 2015 2:10pm PST
The ending of the hit movie American Sniper was changed after Chris Kyle’s widow Taya personally appealed to director Clint Eastwood and studio executives.
The original script featured a final scene of Chris’s death at the hands of Eddie Ray Routh, but Taya wasn’t having it.
“Five days after Chris was murdered, (Taya) called and said, ‘This is going to be how my children remember their father, so I want you to get right,’” screenwriter Jason Hall told New York Daily News.
Despite this, the filmmakers were still initially determined to include the scene, even writing it five different ways.
“We went around and around,” Hall admitted. “In the end, I think we felt that this was a film about Chris’ life and not about his death. We also wanted to be careful not to glorify the guy who did it.”
As a father himself, Hall said it was important to him to do right by Chris’s kids.
“I didn’t want it to be the thing that was hanging over their heads for the very rest of their lives as the film that showed their father getting shot,” he concluded.
You may also like to read:
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS
- Thug Messes With Police Officers – Gets A Brutal Response
- He Was Suspicious Of His Wife, So He Set Up A Hidden Camera – He Never Expected To Capture This…
- BREAKING: One Of Obama’s Illegals Commits Mass Murder Across Two States
- Bombshell New Reports Reveal Obama Body Count – This Is Horrifying