This Is The Most Amazing Machine Ever Built By Man
February 16, 2015 8:46am PST
A heavy-lift ship is a ship designed to move extremely heavy loads that cannot be handled by normal vessels.
Ships like the Blue Martin, a semi-submerging vessel capable of lifting another ship completely out of the water, travel the seas lifting heavy loads every day.
The Blue Martin can lift large ships like the USS Cole.
Or even this oil rig.
The Sea-Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1) is a floating, self-propelled mobile active electronically scanned array radar station that is designed to perform in high winds and heavy seas.
These drilling rigs have a grid work of iron beneath them which creates a giant footprint allowing them to stabilize the weight.
You may also like to read:
- They Thought This Was A Normal Street, But Then It Started Breathing…
- When He Poured Vinegar Down The Drain, I Was Confused – But Then I Saw What It Did To His Sink
- This May Look Like A Normal Coast Guard Station, But Wait Until You See What’s Inside
- Keep Your Eye On The Water…What You See Will Freak You OUT!
- Coast Guard Deliberately SINKS Boat Full of Muslim Refugees [VIDEO]