BREAKING: Family of American Female ISIS Hostage Confirm Her Death
February 10, 2015 8:30am PST
The family of U.S. aide worker Kayla Jean Mueller have confirmed her death.
“We are heartbroken to share that we’ve received confirmation that Kayla Jean Mueller, has lost her life,” Carl and Marsha Mueller said in a statement, according to Fox News. “Kayla was a compassionate and devoted humanitarian. She dedicated the whole of her young life to helping those in need of freedom, justice, and peace.”
Mueller, 26, was taken hostage by ISIS in August of 2013 while doing aide work in Syria. ISIS claimed last week that she had been killed in a Jordanian airstrike, but many, including her own family, expressed skepticism at these claims.
It is not clear how the confirmation was made, or whether or not Mueller died in the airstrike.
On Tuesday, President Obama also released a statement about Mueller’s death.
“It is with profound sadness that we have learned of the death of Kayla Jean Mueller,” Obama said. “On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I convey our deepest condolences to Kayla’s family – her parents, Marsha and Carl, and her brother Eric and his family – and all of those who loved Kayla dearly. At this time of unimaginable suffering, the country shares in their grief.”
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mueller and her family at this time.
You may also like to read:
- Air Force Official Risks Everything To Turn On Obama – Warn Americans About Terrorist Attacks He’s Trying To Hide
- ISIS Pedophile Tries To Buy Child Sex Slave – Gets A RUDE Wakeup Call
- Obama Makes Sickening Announcement About Islam In America
- BREAKING: 25 Dead In Horrifying ISIS Terror Attack – This Is Their Worst One Yet
- BREAKING: ISIS Launches Deadly Terrorist Attack – At Least 63 Dead