Obama Complains About Media Polarity, Blasts Fox News
February 9, 2015 12:34pm PST
When an interviewer for Vox.com asked Obama how it feels to be the “most polarizing president since we began polling,” his response was to blame the “balkanization” of the media.
[A] lot of it has to do with the fact that a) the balkanization of the media means that we just don’t have a common place where we get common facts and a common worldview the way we did 20, 30 years ago. And that just keeps on accelerating, you know. And I’m not the first to observe this, but you’ve got the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh folks and then you’ve got the MSNBC folks and the — I don’t know where Vox falls into that, but you guys are, I guess, for the brainiac-nerd types. But the point is that technology which brings the world to us also allows us to narrow our point of view. That’s contributed to it.
According to Mediaite, Obama also offered a solution to this problem:
I would love to see some constitutional process that would allow us to actually regulate campaign spending the way we used to, and maybe even improve it. I’d love to see changes at the state level that reduce political gerrymandering. So there’s all kinds of structural things that I’d like to see that I think would improve this.
What do you think about the media’s polarity? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
You may also like to read:
- Beloved Fox News Reporter Suffers Terrifying Health Scare – Please Pray
- BREAKING: Megyn Kelly Drops Bombshell About Leaving Fox News
- Obama Didn’t Want Anyone To See This Footage – See It Before It’s Deleted
- BREAKING: Fox News Host Pleads GUILTY To Major Crime – Faces 40 Years In Prison
- CBS Makes Bombshell Announcement About Trump – Supporters Stunned