Montana Cop’s Reaction to Shooting Unarmed Suspect, VIDEO
January 10, 2015 4:14pm PST
April 14, 2014, Billings, Montana. Five year police veteran Grant Morrison shot and fatally wounded 38 year-old Richard Ramirez. The suspect was on methamphetamine in a high crime area of the city. After a 30 second encounter with Morrison, Ramirez reached toward his waist band. Officer Morrison assumed he was reaching for a gun and shot.
Four minutes in, this video captures the moments just after the shooting where Morrison reacts to the events by sobbing. He repeats, “I thought he was gonna pull a gun on me” as other officers attempt to console him. One states, “Maybe he was, maybe he was.” Another can be heard saying, “Jesus, Grant. You survived.”
This week a jury of seven deliberated for roughly an hour before clearing Morrison of any misconduct.
In other news, no riots erupted, the city of Billings is not burning to the ground, and the Latino community is not demanding Officer Morrison’s job.
H/T: The Blaze
Written by Holly Rennels
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Conservative Reporter Assaulted By Black Lives Matter Protesters On Camera
- Disturbing New Details About Mansur Ball-Bey Come To Light
- Ted Nugent Defies Hollywood – Unloads On Obama-Loving Race-Baiters
- Michael Brown’s Friend Opens Fire On Police – Watch What Happens Next
- Police Officers Break Silence, Say THIS About Mike Brown