John Boehner Just Got Some Very Bad News
December 31, 2014 9:30am PST
Some of the more conservative Republicans in the House are planning to vote against John Boehner for Speaker when Congress convenes next week. The vote is usually just a formality, but this time around, it could end up being a big upset for the Ohio Republican.
“Right now, I’ve been meeting with a small group, and we — about 16, 18 — and we’re hoping to have a name of a sitting member of Congress that we can call out their name,” North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones said in a local radio interview before Christmas.
There are several names conservative Republicans would be happy to see besides Boehner’s. He has been speaker since 2011.
According to the Daily Caller, the official speaker’s election will be on January 6, when the House will convene for a public floor vote to open the new Congress. Share this report if you think Republicans should elect a more conservative speaker than John Boehner.
(Read More: Obama Admits He’s “Embarrassed” Of Americans)
You may also like to read:
- US House Preparing To Vote On Impeachment – White House Panicking
- BREAKING: New Democrat To Possibly Enter Race To Challenge Hillary
- Panic After Trump Makes MAJOR Announcement – This Is About to Get Messy
- BREAKING: House Republicans Score Major Victory Over Obama – He’s Panicking
- Trump Panicking After Horrifying Petition Goes Viral – This Could Destroy Him